Pri-Med Privacy & Ethics Policy
Last Updated April 17, 2014
What Information Does Pri-Med Collect?
- Non-Identifiable Data: When you interact with Pri-Med through the Site, Pri-Med may receive and store certain personally non-identifiable information. Such information, which is collected passively using various technologies, cannot presently be used to specifically identify you. Pri-Med may store such information itself or it may be included in databases owned and maintained by Pri-Med affiliates, agents, or service providers. This Site may use such information and pool it with other information to track, for example, the total number of visitors to the Site, the number of visitors to each page of the Site, and the domain names of Pri-Med visitors' Internet service providers. It is important to note that no Personal Data is available or used in this process.
- Aggregated Personal Data: In an ongoing effort to better understand and serve the users of Pri-Med Services, Pri-Med often conducts research on Pri-Med customer demographics, interests, and behavior based on the Personal Data and other information provided to Pri-Med. This research may be compiled and analyzed on an aggregate basis, and Pri-Med may share this aggregated data with Pri-Med affiliates, agents, and business partners. When Pri-Med shares this information in aggregate form, it does not identify you personally. Pri-Med may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe Pri-Med’s Services to current and prospective business partners and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
How Does Pri-Med Use Your Personal Data and Other Information?
If you register for and/or use the Services, Pri-Med will use your Personal Data to provide you with documents and other materials related to such Services, and Pri-Med may also mail you documents and materials related to such Services as well as for other products, and services and that Pri-Med believes will be of interest to you.
Pri-Med and Pri-Med affiliates may also use your Personal Data and other personally non-identifiable information collected through the Site to help Pri-Med improve the content and functionality of the Site, to better understand Pri-Med’s users, and to improve the Services. Pri-Med and Pri-Med’s affiliates may use this information to contact you in the future to tell you about services or products Pri-Med believes will be of interest to you. If Pri-Med does so, each communication Pri-Med sends you will contain instructions permitting you to "opt-out" of receiving future communications. In addition, if at any time you wish not to receive any future communications or to have your name deleted from Pri-Med mailing lists please contact Pri-Med as indicated below. Pri-Med may also share your Personal Data with certain third parties as described further in the section labeled "Does Pri-Med Share Your Personal Data?"
Does Pri-Med Share Your Personal Data?
Pri-Med is not in the business of selling your information. Pri-Med considers this information to be a vital part of the relationship with you. There are, however, certain circumstances in which Pri-Med may share your Personal Data with certain third parties without further notice to you, as set forth below:
- Business Transfers: As Pri-Med develops Pri-Med business, Pri-Med might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution, or similar event, Personal Data may be part of the transferred assets.
- Event Sponsors: If you sign-up to attend an event as a part of services , Pri-Med may share your registration information with non-related companies that are involved in supporting the applicable event, including, without limitation, technology companies.
- Business Partners: From time to time, Pri-Med may offer you the opportunity to participate in discount plans and similar benefit programs from one or more of Pri-Med business partners. If you opt-in to participate in the discount plans or other benefit programs of Pri-Med business partners, Pri-Med will disclose your Personal Information to such business partners so that they may register you for the applicable discount plan and/or benefit program.
- Agents, Consultants, and Related Third Parties: Pri-Med, like many businesses, sometimes hires other companies to perform certain business-related functions. Examples include mailing information, maintaining databases, and processing payments. When Pri-Med employs another company to perform a function of this nature, Pri-Med endeavors to provide them only with the information that they need to perform their specific function and Pri-Med instructs them to limit their use of the Personal Data accordingly.
- Legal Requirements: Pri-Med may disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, (ii) protect and defend the rights or property of Pri-Med, (iii) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Site or the public, or (iv) protect against legal liability.
Links to Other Web Sites
This Site may frame or contain references or links to other Web sites not operated or controlled by Pri-Med, including Web sites of Pri-Med Related Companies and unrelated companies with which Pri-Med has a business relationship (the "Third Party Sites"). The policies and procedures Pri-Med describes here do not apply to the Third Party Sites. The links from this Site do not imply Pri-Med reviewed or endorses the Third Party Sites. Pri-Med suggests contacting those sites directly for information on their privacy policies.
Advertising & Marketing
We may target our advertising and marketing messages depending on preferences you choose to share with us. The Site may personalize its content based on your interests. For example, you may see different content on our site in different areas based on information that you have shared with us or based on observations we have made regarding your previous usage.
We make clear distinctions between our editorial content vs. any advertising or sponsored content. We do not accept advertisements for any products that are offensive or illegal. We reserve the right to reject any advertisement for any reason.
We do not endorse any of the products or services mentioned in the advertisements.
We expect advertisers and their advertisements to comply with all Federal (United States) and local regulations regarding direct-to-physician advertising, including the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act as well as relevant FDA guidance documents.
Pri-Med takes reasonable steps to protect the Personal Data provided via the Site from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from this Site may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to Pri-Med via e-mail. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Data to Pri-Med via the Internet.
Other Terms and Conditions
Access to Information; Contacting Pri-Med
To keep your Personal Data accurate, current, and complete, please contact Pri-Med as specified below. Pri-Med will take reasonable steps to update or correct Personal Data in Pri-Med possession that you have previously submitted via this Site.
Please also feel free to contact Pri-Med if you have any questions about Pri-Med Privacy’ Policy or the information practices of this Site.
You may contact us as follows:
Attn: President /COO
DBC Pri-Med, LLC
111 Huntington Ave, Boston MA 02199