Wheel of Knowledge: Primary Care Edition (Recorded at Pri-Med South)
This interactive session will review common questions that come up in primary care through a wheel game format. Faculty will cover a variety of topics including obstructive sleep apnea, thyroid disease, LGBTQ health, dizziness, adolescent health, as well as current hot topics in medicine.
Please note that any data, indications, and guidelines presented in this activity are current as of the recording/release on 2/8/2020, and they are subject to change as new information is published.
0 Credits - Not for CME/CE Credit
Release Date: 2/9/2020
Expiration Date: 5/10/2022
- Diagnose and treat obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) effectively.
- Use appropriate terms related to LGBTQ individuals and identify who qualifies for PrEP (pre-exposure prophylaxis).
- Appropriately evaluate adolescents with potential EVALI (e-cigarette or vaping product associated lung injury)
- Review the regular immunizations for adolescents
- Determine when and how to treat abnormal thyroid function tests
- Review thyroid changes in pregnancy
- Identify common causes of dizziness and the pick appropriate treatments
Charles Vega, MD, FAAFP
Health Sciences Clinical Professor
UC Irvine Department of Family Medicine
Assistant Dean for Culture and Community Education
Executive Director, UC Irvine Program in Medical Education for the Latino Community
UC Irvine School of Medicine
Supporters and Partners