Direct Communication Improves Vaccine Receipt - Frankly Speaking EP 217Guest: Jill M. Terrien, PhD, ANP-BC
Music Credit: Richard Onorato
Join us as we review communication styles that influence vaccination uptake by the adolescent population. We will discuss a recent article examining the effects of provider’s recommendation styles with adolescent patients regarding HPV and meningococcal vaccines.
Episode Resources and Links:
- Anny T.H.R. Fenton, Chelsea Orefice, Terresa J. Eun, Dea Biancarelli, Amresh Hanchate, Mari-Lynn Drainoni, Rebecca B. Perkins, Effect of provider recommendation style on the length of adolescent vaccine discussions, Vaccine, Volume 39, Issue 6, 2021, Pages 1018-1023, ISSN 0264-410X,https://doi.org/10.1016/j.vaccine.2020.11.015. (https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0264410X20314419)
- HPV Vaccine recommendations CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vpd/hpv/hcp/recommendations.html
- 5 Ways to boost your HPV Vaccination Rates CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/hpv/hcp/boosting-vacc-rates.html
- Meningococcal Vaccine Recommendations CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vpd/mening/hcp/recommendations.html
Already listened on another platform?
- Discuss the effect of direct communication with adolescents and their parents on receiving vaccines.
- Describe recommendations for use to improve vaccine discussions with adolescents.
Supporters and Partners