Continuous Glucose Monitoring—What’s All the Hype? - Frankly Speaking EP 236Guest: Robert A. Baldor, MD, FAAFP
Music Credit: Richard Onorato
Continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) for patients with diabetes has been available for several years now, but its utility in managing diabetes care is unclear. Join us to discuss the results of a systematic review examining the benefits of CGM for patients with both type 1 and type 2 diabetes mellitus.
Episode References and Resources:
- Effects of continuous glucose monitoring on metrics of glycemic control in diabetes: a systematic review with meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Diabetes Care. 2020;43(5):1146-1156.
- Implementing Continuous Glucose Monitoring in Clinical Practice. www.aafp.org/fpm March/April 2021
- Longo R, Sperling S. Personal versus professional continuous glucose monitoring: when to use which on whom. Diabetes Spectr. 2019;32(3):183-193.
Already listened on another platform?
- Explain the methods for continuous glucose monitoring (CGM)
- Assess the data on the benefits of CGM for patients with diabetes
- Appreciate the complexities for ordering CGM for patients with diabetes
Supporters and Partners