Despite the national opioid epidemic, many patients continue to request opioid prescriptions to treat chronic pain. Understanding how to prescribe opioids safely and effectively is crucial for primary care clinicians. View our timely opioid CME courses to learn appropriate risk mitigation strategies and prevent substance use disorder.
Our opioid education will help you:
• Better understand all options for pain management, including non-pharmacologic and pharmacologic approaches
• Better understand appropriate pain assessment and assessment of potential risk factors for abuse and opioid use disorder/addiction
• Recognize opioid use disorder and act appropriately to treat or refer those patients
• Improve your skills in patient and caregiver counseling, including counseling about the use of naloxone for opioid overdose
• Better understand definitions and mechanisms of pain
• Reduce risks associated with prescription of opioid analgesics, as well as safe storage and disposal
• Integrate opioids into individualized treatment plans to meet the needs of your patients
Create your Pri-Med account at no cost and earn credits with free opioid CME courses today.
If you're looking for additional resources related to opioids, check out our free CME/CE courses on pain management.