This activity is part of the Frankly Speaking with Dr. Frank Domino podcast series.
Protecting Feet in People With Diabetes: Monofilaments or Tuning Forks? - Frankly Speaking EP 227Guest: Robert A. Baldor, MD, FAAFP
Music Credit: Richard Onorato
Join us as we discuss a recent review article on the evidence behind monofilament testing for peripheral neuropathy in people with diabetes.
Episode References and Resources:
- J Diabetes Res. 2017; 2017: 8787261.
- Diagnostic Accuracy of Monofilament Tests for Detecting Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis
- Diabetes Care 2017 Jan;40(1):136-154
Already listened on another platform?
- Review the basic components of the foot exam for people with diabetes mellitus
- Discuss the latest data on monofilament testing in foot exams
- Perform a thorough foot exam for people with diabetes mellitus
Supporters and Partners